In the development of Euridiche 3D, we used even more of the possibilities of the innovative 3D printing technology. The purpose was to implement two new ideas from aerodynamic sciences and to reduce the weight of the headphone while keeping the virtues of the first model. The first idea was to make aerodynamically ideal, airplane wing-like forms for the stator-electrode matrix elements, instead of round cross sections, to create ideal turbulence-free airflow. The second idea was to turn the wing profiles at an exact angle backward, for guided airflow, to make the sound direction firing to the ear. This way we expected the sound field to become even more holographic. The result is an AIR FLOW stator design allowing a turbulence-free guided air pressure to spread directly to your ears at a proper angle. In addition, we have several times lighter stator components than we could build from any metal.
- Sectioned two-way stator design with several advantages (Euridiche and Euridiche 3D):
– With a built-in switch, the tonality of the headphones can be regulated in 3 steps, depending on your preference, record, and used system, in the high-frequency band. (1KHz and above)
– This configuration gives you a real 3D sound field because the high-frequency content is focused from the front side of the membrane to your ears, and not from the center as it usually is, on the headphones.
- Air Flow stator matrix design gives you possible minimal air turbulence during air moving through them. The segments are aerodynamically designed, like the wings of airplanes. This way we can eliminate all of the harshness caused by any other perforated type of stators.
- The segments of the stator matrix are focused backward directly on your ears, to create a sound stage like a live orchestra in the concert hall, or the loudspeakers in your listening room.
- Easily changeable membrane capsule, for lifetime durability of our product. The only thing in the electrostatic driver that can be damaged over years, is the extremely thin membrane. The owner can change them easily without soldering, just with a few screws. That is the reason why the screws aren’t hidden.
- Standard XLR/mini XLR connectors for easy cable change and easier storage.
Our standpoint in designing the manufacturing processes is, to keep the principles and materials which have been proven over time, combined with the newest scientific approach.
From hand-sewn genuine Italian leather parts, through laser cutting, to the newest 3D printing technology, all parts are carefully hand assembled.
Why 3D printing?
- The newest 3D printing technology gives a precise, repeatable, durable product, ideal for high-quality low mass production.
- Also ideal for Research and Development, both for new, and for existing products.
- Possible manufacturing, extremely lightweight and strong peaces, hollowed out inside. This is important for your comfort during long listening sessions.
- Parts with this complexity can’t be manufactured by other technologies.
- We use high-performance biopolymer made from renewable resources. The material is fully biodegradable and compostable.
Electrostatic Headphone Driver Unit
With the Soltanus Acoustics Electrostatic Headphone Driver unit we ensure the required High-Voltage audio signal necessary for the electrostatic headphones.
The design is the most simple and robust as possible, with high-quality built-in materials to match the outstanding electrostatic sound quality.
This device with its uncolored sound leaves you the freedom in choosing the amplifier or headphone amplifier just to your taste.
There are no additional unnecessary electronics integrated, only the two audio transformers and a simple power supply to make the signal path absolutely simple.
Our Audio step-up transformers are wounded by hand to ensure the highest quality in the high-frequency range and use extremely oversized cross-section cores, which enables high impedance and outstanding low-frequency reproduction.
The housing is made from solid 6mm and 3mm aluminum alloy sheets, preventing vibrations or generating any eddy currents by transformers.
The housing can be used vertically, to use it as a headphone stand, and horizontally too, as usual.
Push-Pull Open Back, Circular, Two Way, Adjustable Electrostatic Headphone
Segmented, 3D printed AIR FLOW stators
2 microns thin, 104mm in diameter, easy changeable capsule
from infra to ultra sound range
90pF (including cable)
177kΩ (including cable, at 10kHz)
Sound Pressure Sensitivity:
97dBC/100V RMS 1 kHz
Maximum Sound Pressure:
Left & Right Identification:
“L” and “R” indicated inside the arc assembly.
Ear Pads/Head Band:
Genuine Italian Lamb Leather
506g without cable
High voltage Step Up Transformer Driving Unit for Electrostatic Headphones
Maximum Output Voltage
up to 40KHz
100Ohms at 20Hz
227mm x 227mm x 76mm
Custom Binding Posts
3 Pin XLR x 2, Stax 5 Pin connectors
Maximum Input Voltage
230V or 115V AC max 100mA